Wraparound is a coordinated network of community-based services and supports that is organized to meet the challenges of children and youth with serious emotional needs, as well as the needs of their families. Families and youth work in partnership with public and private organizations to ensure that services and supports are effective, build on the strengths of individuals, and address each person’s cultural needs. Wraparound is a comprehensive approach of working with children and families that involves partnerships with mental health service providers, educators, family members, and the community.
What to Expect with Wraparound
Families and youth will work closely with a Care Coordinator and Family Support Provider to:
- Develop a Family Team with community and family supports
- Create an individualized care plan based on perspectives and strengths of each family member
- Establish Crisis and Safety Plans
- Mobilize all sources necessary to keep the child in the community
The goal of Wraparound is to help children and families receive needed services in or near their own communities. The objective is to empower youth and families, provide for a stable family unit, decrease out-of-home placements, improve school performance, promote positive emotional and behavioral functioning, decrease interactions with the legal system, and enhance the overall quality of life of the child.
Comprehensive Services for Children, Youth, and Families
Wraparound provides workable solutions by addressing all of these areas:
- Care coordination
- Building family support systems
- Crisis intervention and prevention
- Support groups for parents and youth
- Safety planning
- Individual rehabilitation
- Access to community resources
- Life skills education
- Individualized support
- Referral assistance for family needs
- Education resources
- Case management
Wraparound can benefit children and adolescents who have: emotional or behavioral problems at school; been in trouble with law enforcement; been at risk for out-of-home placement; been at risk for out-of-school placement; been receiving help from multiple services. Don't wait, contact Grand Lake Mental Health Services today.