The Community Integration program at Grand Lake Mental Health Center provides services allowing for consumers to optimize their personal, social and vocational competency in order to live successfully in the community.
Goals of the program:
- To help persons with serious psychiatric disabilities function with success and satisfaction in their environments or their choice with the least amount of professional intervention possible;
- To provide a continuum of services that allows a consumers the right to make choices regarding services;
- A belief in every person’s potential for growth, regardless of disability;
- A belief in the importance of focusing on the whole person rather than the illness or the disability.
All services within the program are designed to address the unique needs of each individual and build on the strengths of each individual.
Benefits of Community Integration
Community Integration services will benefit consumers by optimizing the persons potential for occupational achievement, goal setting, skill development and increased quality of life through education, training and support to improve their mental health and promote lifestyle change and recovery.
Community Integration incorporates the following functions:
- Recovery Orientation, including a recovery oriented treatment plan, individual goal setting, and a staff philosophy of recovery that permeates all service elements and activities.
- Empowerment Orientation, including peer support and membership in consumer advocacy groups.
- Competency Orientation, including curriculum based life skill training, a focus on generalization to real life situations and community based supports.